The cutting saddle is designed for the process of separating a single cow, steer, or calf from a more massive herd. Cutting is a fantastic activity and requires an elegant and graceful saddle. A cutting seat is designed to keep the rider balanced and out of the way of the horse during stops, sharp starts, and turns. However, you cannot only rely on the saddle, so you need to keep a balance to stay in place during an unpredictable frenzied ride.
Unique features of a cutting saddle include:
- Tall, thin horn for a secure handgrip.
- Rough-out jockeys and fenders for better grip.
- Wide, high, and straight swells made to keep in the rider during sharp turns.
- Maximum maneuverability possible due to flat, long, smooth seat. The cutting seat is longer than other styles.
- Forward-hung and free-swinging fenders designed for the rider to stay balanced and deep during sharp stops and turns.
- Low cantle that can’t hit the rider in the back.
- Double rigging – front cinch and flank cinch.
- Slim stirrups to keep your boot in place.
A good offer is the Circle Y High Horse Winchester trail saddle. The Winchester Trail features a leg cut skirt for close contact and precise cueing, a double padded seat for all-day comfort and Stainless steel hardware. If you prefer saddles from the USA, look at the Martha Josey Ultimate Legend Barrel Saddle. This saddle is characterized by high quality and high performance.
If you prefer proven manufacturers, we can offer Billy Cook and their sleek and straightforward Van Hargis All Around Saddle. It is created for additional close contact with the horse, and it gives you the perfect ride. It is excellent for everyday duties and the trails. The saddle by Billy Cook has a rawhide covered tree shorthorn and a 27 strand mohair cinch and beautiful uniquely quilted seat. Engraved stainless steel slotted conchos are practical and good looking.
The Adjustable position in-skirt rigging lets the rider chose the best rigging position for their horse
A cutter saddle is a relatively versatile and economic saddle. It is the best option for training, for penning events and even for reining, in a pinch. These activities all require close contact and movement by the rider to stay out of the horse’s way. In this section, we offer the best Cutting Saddles at an attractive price from different manufacturers.
Showing 1–100 of 141 results